Spring is great for more than a few reasons: flowers are blooming, you can open windows for crisp air and your energy bill is commonly at its lowest. That’s because you’re not turning to your heater or cooling.
But as temps begin to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are some ideas for saving energy in Elkhart and keeping costs down.
1. Schedule Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a yearly maintenance visit can help it operate more efficiently and cut down costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep utility charges less expensive.
If your air conditioning equipment has had better days, spring is an excellent time to upgrade it. The energy-saving technology in updated cooling systems is a big benefit for keeping your energy expenses down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling bills. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Learning how to expertly use your thermostat is the smartest way to reduce energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think about it this way, the less significant the difference between outdoor temperatures and indoor temperatures, the smaller your home comfort expense will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty residence.
3. Try Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can take advantage of a few other methods to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise in the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This moves cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it comes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny rooms.
4. Think About Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and suddenly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats learn your routine and change the temp when you’re not around to help you save money. You can also set the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These professional tips will all help keep summer energy costs economical. If you decide it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 574-218-6404 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the right fit for your home. And as always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.