4 Tips for Saving Energy in Elkhart This Summer
Spring is beautiful for many reasons: flowers bloom, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your power bill is normally at its lowest. That’s because you’re not using your heater or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to rise, so do your energy bills. Here are some suggestions for saving energy in the U.S. and keeping costs less expensive.
1. Call for Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance appointment can help it run more efficiently and lower costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep power bills less expensive.
If your HVAC equipment has had better days, spring is a smart time to upgrade it. The energy-saving technology in newer cooling systems is an obvious plus in keeping your energy expenses down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on HVAC charges. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Focusing on how to effectively schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to cut down on energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think about it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and indoor temperatures, the less expensive your energy cost will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or turn it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty residence.
3. Experiment with Other Ways to Cool Your Space
You can turn to several other approaches to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise in the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This disperses cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny areas.
4. Consider Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats learn your habits and move the temp when you’re gone to help you save energy and money. You can also set the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These pro ideas will all help keep summer energy costs low. If you figure out it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you find the right product for your space. And as usual, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
Zoning Systems: Tailored Temperature Control in Every Room
Central heating and air systems have revolutionized home comfort and made it possible to stay perfectly comfy in any season or climate. However, while centralized systems supply a handy way to regulate the temperature, they in some cases fall short when it comes to evenly distributing heated or... Continue reading
Increase Your Comfort: Eight Home Heating and Cooling Upgrades
During the coldest time of the year in the U.S., there’s no better way to improve your home’s comfort than with some effective upgrades. It’s not simply about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about enhancing efficiency and cleaning the very air you breathe.... Continue reading
How to Pick Out a Suitable HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable all year, nothing is more essential than picking out the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This choice impacts your daily comfort, monthly utility expenditures and all-around home efficiency. But, with so many system... Continue reading