Scheduling annual AC maintenance is useful.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioner system in Elkhart running at its top performance while keeping utility needs down. It also could even help lengthen its life span.
While there are several jobs you can do by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at BW/Cook Service Experts, for AC checks and maintenance.
Here are a few steps you can complete alone as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Checkup Scheduled
Spring is a period of revival, and to many that involves a hefty dose of house, garage and yard sprucing. With the warmer temps approaching, it’s also a great idea to add AC checkups on that listing.
Spring is a great season to get your AC system cleaned and inspected. Delaying to turn it on until the first warm day of the season can be dicey. If you have to schedule a fix or a new unit, you could be waiting days for an appointment. And that could turn awfully unbearable.
And for allergy sufferers, being ahead of the game with a freshened air conditioning system will help assure the best indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Also, air conditioning upkeep could be required for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Complete a Tune-Up Myself?
There are methods that you can do to help keep your AC unit in the ultimate state:
- Put in a new air filter. Dirty filters block airflow and could reduce your unit’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the type of filter you use, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is very crucial if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a dog in your residence.
- Lawn maintenance near the outdoor condenser. Ensure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes by your air conditioning equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also remove any leaves or branches that have collected inside your unit, as this could limit airflow.
Let the Experts Manage the Rest
What’s left to do? If you ring BW/Cook Service Experts at 574-218-6404, the primary thing we may do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already completed. Then we’ll get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your unit and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to provide safe cooling.
- Greasing to keep moving components working effortlessly and potentially avoid issues.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and clogs.
- Aligning coil fins to avoid decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the outside coil to get rid of any blockage from dust and grass.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your system is switching on, running and turning off properly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to ensure your unit has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we find troubles that involve further action, we are set to provide you the most economical option. Finding potential troubles early can solve larger problems later. This also provides you time to plan if your equipment is getting older.
When you are seeking a modern air conditioner, our Experts will assist you to choose the right solution for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new unit more affordable. Regardless of what your cooling needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Need to book your checkup? Contact us at 574-218-6404 or schedule an appointment online right away.