Scheduling annual AC maintenance is useful.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioning system in Elkhart running at its best performance while keeping utility consumption small. It also could even help prolong its life span.
While there are several things you can do by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at BW/Cook Service Experts, for AC examinations and maintenance.
Here are a few steps you can complete alone as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Checkup Scheduled
Spring is a season of revival, and to many that involves a hefty dose of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the warmer temperatures approaching, it’s also a great idea to add AC service on that listing.
Spring is the best season to get your AC system cleaned and examined. Delaying to turn it on until the first warm day of the season can be dicey. If you have to have a fix or installation, you could be waiting a long time for an appointment. And that may become extremely unpleasant.
And for allergy sufferers, being ahead of the game with a fresh air conditioning system will help provide the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, AC upkeep could be required for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Finish a Tune-Up Myself?
There are methods that you can do to help keep your AC unit in the prime order:
- Change your air filter advises each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have pets in your house.
- Lawn upkeep by the exterior condenser. Check there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes near your air conditioning system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of open room. You should also remove any leaves or sticks that have dropped into your unit, since this could limit airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to do? If you get in touch with BW/Cook Service Experts at 574-218-6404, the initial thing we could do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already completed. Then we’ll get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your unit and make sure it’s operating correctly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver safe cooling.
- Greasing to keep moving components working like they should and potentially avoid breakdowns.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to clear leak-creating mold and clogs.
- Fixing coil fins to avoid decreased airflow.
- Freshening the outside coil to get rid of any blockage from dirt and weeds.
- Checking controls to double check your system is turning on, running and turning off properly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to confirm your equipment has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we uncover problems that need further action, we are set to provide you the most economical option. Uncovering potential troubles early can solve larger problems later. This also provides you time to plan if your equipment is aging.
When you are looking for a modern air conditioner to help make your new unit more affordable. Regardless of what your cooling needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Prepared to request your checkup? Call us at 574-218-6404 or schedule an appointment online now.