Benefits of Having Your Furnace Serviced Before Winter
There are a number of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Elkhart. But, there’s also that long list of must-do’s before the cold weather sets in. Although the outdoor yard work and home projects are undoubtedly at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor thing you should consider handling early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment scheduled.
The team at BW/Cook Service Experts recommend that furnace service and maintenance be performed at least annually in order to prevent a breakdown in the peak of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a number of benefits to getting it done before the cold and crisp weather comes to Elkhart, too. Take a peek at some of the top benefits of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make certain that your furnace runs at its highest efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating expenses.
- Ensures your furnace is in tip-top shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to get you through whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Elkhart this year.
- Lowers the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to occur on a cool winter day is have your furnace stop working, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to see potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to create heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are critical to keeping your home safe through the cooler months.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to keep your warranty, so getting regular maintenance completed can save you money if bigger problems occur later.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a number of additional perks, and getting furnace service done annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the winter and save you time later because you’re less likely to need more service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like BW/Cook Service Experts are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Elkhart, give us a call at 574-218-6404 or schedule an appointment with BW/Cook Service Experts through our online scheduler.