It’s frigid outside. Much of the country is layering up for some freezing temps. And while the Experts are always ready to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing pearls of wisdom to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water connections.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow trickle in indoor sinks by exterior walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets under sinks to keep warm air flowing around pipes.
- Set an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you have vents closed in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not functioning, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give those smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick inspection.
Follow these easy tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then heat yourself some hot cocoa. And, as always, BW/Cook Service Experts is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.