We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to review the common heating problems Elkhart homeowners often call BW/Cook Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning about. Although there are quite possibly hundreds of reasons why your Elkhart home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Below is a list of the top five issues that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat glitches producing no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Air circulation problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace overload or poor heating control
3. Old and clogged filters resulting in airflow and comfort problems
4. Problem with the furnace ignition or pilot light, resulting in sporadic or no heat
5. Lack of maintenance may cause unforeseen breakdowns, poor comfort or increased energy costs (not to mention homeowner frustration!)
All of these common issues can be resolved by a professionally qualified, NATE-certified technician. Technicians from BW/Cook Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning can quickly diagnose the problem area and make the needed repairs. Purchasing a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could protect you from almost all heating problems that leave you with no heat or low comfort levels. During a tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they work correctly and at top efficiency during the heating season. Important items like Carbon Monoxide checks, adequate combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also top elements to the tune-up process. Most importantly – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age have the potential to pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, this is particularly the case if a NATE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment on a regular basis.
Contact BW/Cook Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning of Elkhart at to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.