We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to review common furnace and heating issues Elkhart homeowners often call BW/Cook Service Experts about. Although there are quite possibly hundreds of reasons why your Elkhart home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Below is a list of the top five issues that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat malfunctions producing no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Air circulation problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace overheating or poor heating control
3. Dirty or clogged filters which develops airflow and comfort problems
4. Problem with the furnace ignition or pilot light, resulting in sporadic or no heat
5. Inconsistent maintenance history may cause unforeseen breakdowns, poor comfort or escalated energy costs (plus a lot of homeowner frustration!)
All of these common issues can be addressed by a professionally qualified, NATE-certified technician. Technicians from BW/Cook Service Experts can quickly diagnose the problem area and make the needed repairs. Having a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could protect you from almost all heating problems that leave you with no heat or low comfort levels. When you get a tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they work correctly and at top efficiency during the heating season. Important items like Carbon Monoxide checks, adequate combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also top elements to the tune-up process. Most importantly – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age may pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, this is particularly the case if a NATE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment regularly.
Contact BW/Cook Service Experts of Elkhart at 574-218-6404 to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.