No matter what the season outside in Elkhart, the temperature inside your home dictates how comfortable you will feel. Choose the right temp and your space will be a nice escape from it all. But if your climate control system isn’t working correctly, you’ll notice. And it won’t be enjoyable.
Brace yourself for a thorough look at the way you’re handling your heating and cooling equipment. It might make the difference between a strong system or a problematic performer. Start this short quiz from BW/Cook Service Experts to figure out where you stand.
- The warm season is right around the corner in Elkhart. How do you prepare your AC?
- Switch out the HVAC filter and spruce up the vents. Then it’s good to go.
- Make an appointment with the Experts for a seasonal tune-up.
- Not a thing. It should be fine.
- You’re hosting an event on a scorching night, but the AC isn’t cooling your space. What do you do?
- Tell my guests to bring icy beverages.
- Schedule an emergency repair to get it operating before people show up.
- Turn on my fans and hope for a strong breeze.
- Your current HVAC is getting old. What’s your plan when it’s time for a new one?
- Allow my contractor to choose and fund it with a credit card.
- Save worries and charges by selecting a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Select the fanciest system currently available in Elkhart.
- When you get your next monthly electricity bill, what do you suppose you’ll see?
- It will cost more. My heating and cooling costs have been climbing.
- It will be comparable to the cost for the same month last year.
- I can’t be sure until I read it. Some of them aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your heating and cooling system is making a strange noise. What do you do?
- Get my toolbox and spend a weekend attempting to fix it.
- Book a skilled technician to examine it.
- Forget about it and hope it ends.
Now add up your results. If you selected mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are right on track. You’re taking care of your machine and you made a plan for your future replacement. But if you answered any of these scenarios with As or Cs, you can make some changes to help your equipment perform better. Read on to discover how.
Useful HVAC Habits to Help Protect Your Home
Set Up Yearly Maintenance While switching out your air filter and cleaning your vents are critical tasks to prepare your system for a season change, a professional maintenance appointment is necessary to wrap up the process. During a seasonal visit, your Expert technician will perform a series of tasks that help out the energy efficiency of your HVAC. And while they’re there, your HVAC service professional will keep an eye out for more urgent headaches for your system. That could save you a high-priced breakdown later in the season.
Work with an HVAC company that offers emergency repairs. Even precisely maintained HVAC systems can have complications occasionally. And it always seems to occur at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can manage the headache and distress. The Service Experts Advantage Program offers that critical service to homeowners at no extra cost.
Devise a plan for your HVAC system replacement. Many HVAC systems can work for 10 to 15 years, but they won’t last forever. Create a plan now to evade last-minute pressure when your equipment takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can help. It gives you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front expenses. As an added bonus, the program also offers free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy bills and don’t ignore it when they radically change. Your electricity bills can tell you more than your monthly expenses. If you’re observing a stable hike in your charges but no variation in home comfort, something is likely occurring with your equipment. A modern high-efficiency system can give you peace of mind with more consistent energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Call in the pros when you hear a weird noise from your heating and cooling system. That noise is more than bothersome. It indicates something is wrong with your equipment. Even if it’s a comparatively small issue, left without a repair it could make for a high-priced repair later on. Don’t try to correct it yourself. Leave it to the Experts to diagnose and repair it.
Your heating and cooling system can cost you quite a lot when you don’t treat it right. If you apply these tips, you could save time, added costs and irritation. And if your system just isn’t keeping up anymore, consider choosing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can get you a modern energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To learn more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!