No matter what the season outside, the temperature inside your house dictates how comfortable it will be. Choose the right temp and your space will be a nice escape from the world. But if your climate control system isn’t working correctly, you’ll know. And it won’t be enjoyable.
Brace yourself to take a thorough look at the way you’re managing your heating and cooling equipment. It could be the difference between a steady system or a poor performer. Start this short quiz from Service Experts to figure out where you stand.
- The warm season is right around the corner. How do you prepare your system?
- Switch out the HVAC filter and dust the vents. Then it’s good to go.
- Make an appointment with the Experts for a seasonal tune-up.
- Not a thing. It will be fine.
- You’re hosting an event on a scorching night, but the AC isn’t cooling your space. What’s your first step?
- Tell my guests to bring icy beverages.
- Schedule an emergency repair to get it operating before people show up.
- Turn on my fans and wish for a strong breeze.
- Your current HVAC is pretty old. What’s your plan when it’s time for a new one?
- Allow my contractor select one and finance it with a credit card.
- Get rid of worries and expenses by selecting a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Select the fanciest system currently available.
- When you receive your next monthly power bill, what do you think you’ll see?
- It will will cost more. My heating and cooling charges have been climbing.
- It will be comparable to the cost for the same month last year.
- I won’t know until I read it. Some of them aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your heating and cooling system is making a strange noise. What do you do?
- Dig out my toolbox and spend a weekend trying to fix it.
- Get a skilled technician to take a look.
- Don’t think about it and hope it ends.
Now add up your results. If you selected mostly Bs, your home comfort practices are right on track. You’re taking care of your machine and you have a plan for replacement. But if you replied to any of these questions with As or Cs, you could make some changes to help your system perform more efficiently. Read on to discover how.
Better HVAC Habits to Help You Save
Set Up Yearly Maintenance While switching out your air filter and cleaning your vents are critical tasks to prepare your system for a new season, a professional maintenance appointment is critical to complete the process. During a seasonal visit, your pro technician will perform a series of tasks that help out the energy efficiency of your HVAC. And while they’re there, your HVAC professional will keep an eye out for more urgent problems for your system. That could save you a pricey breakdown in the future.
Work with a home comfort company that offers emergency repairs. Even precisely maintained HVAC systems can have complications occasionally. And it always seems to occur at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can manage the headache and discomfort. The Service Experts Advantage Program offers that critical service to customers at no extra cost.
Devise a plan for your HVAC system upgrade. Many HVAC systems can work for 10 to 15 years, but they won’t last forever. Make a strategy now to evade last-minute pressure when your machine takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be of assistance. It offers you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front expenses. As an added bonus, the program includes free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy bills and don’t ignore it when they dramatically change. Your electricity bills can tell you more than your monthly expenses. If you’re observing a stable hike in your charges but no variation in home comfort, something is probably occurring with your equipment. A modern high-efficiency system can offer you peace of mind with more consistent energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Call in the pros when you hear a weird noise from your heating and cooling system. That noise is more than bothersome. It indicates something is wrong with your HVAC. Even if it’s a comparatively small issue, left without a repair it could make for an high-priced repair later on. Don’t try to correct it yourself. Leave it to the Experts to diagnose and repair it.
Your heating and cooling system can cost you quite a lot when you don’t maintain it. If you apply these tips, you could save time, extra costs and irritation. And if your equipment just isn’t helping anymore, consider choosing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can get you a modern energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To learn more, give us a call or book an appointment online. We’re happy to help!