There are a lot of vapors that could be inside your the U.S. residence. Natural gas and vapors that derive from household fixtures, carpeting and paints. None of them are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.
Call Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing at 866-397-3787 right away to start shielding your loved ones against this harmful gas.
Carbon monoxide might be a life and death situation, so it’s not a situation to joke about.
Carbon monoxide is hazardous because you cannot see it, sense it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It’s not as dangerous in little doses and can’t be purified.
Carbon monoxide is a result of spent fuel. It can get into your home during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace fails. Based on how big the leak is and the ventilation in a home, the gas may become lethal in just a few minutes.
Once inhaled, it has a half-life of about five hours. If you are breathing clean air, it requires five hours to take it out of your body. It will take an additional five hours to reduce that concentration by half.
It can also mimic illnesses that can be mistaken as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.
There’s no justification to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are some ways you can complete to keep your house safe:
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the right precautions your home can be protected from the toxic gas. Make the proper changes and call Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing at 866-397-3787 to learn more.
By Brian Sodoma, for Service Experts With autumn around the corner, homeowners will soon be planning for the cold months ahead. Cold weather puts additional demand on your heating and cooling system. To prepare your heating system for the heavy work it will need to do, scheduled HVAC maintenance... Continue reading
When you think of ultraviolet light, you probably imagine getting sunburned after a long day at the pool. And yet, UV light is also a tool for improving indoor air quality. Sunscreen protects against UVA and UVB rays, but UVC is the kind of light applied in air purification. If you suffer from... Continue reading
Indoor allergens affect millions of people in the U.S. each year. It’s common for many to look outside the home for potential allergens triggering sniffles, watery eyes, respiratory problems and even asthma flare-ups. But many are surprised to learn that indoor dust mites, molds, animal dander... Continue reading
© 2023 Service Experts, Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, and the Service Experts logo and design are registered trademarks of Service Experts LLC and used under license by SE Canada Inc. All Rights Reserved. *Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage Program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.