Imagine it’s a scorching hot summer day, and your AC unit suddenly goes out. You call around for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps getting hotter and hotter while you wait for a technician to arrive. Talk about a disaster!
Regular air conditioner maintenance is an important tool in preventing this problem. But how can you tell when it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth scheduling an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem like it has a problem? Find out why taking a proactive approach is the key to keeping you and your AC unit cool under pressure.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner operating efficiently, HVAC professionals highly recommend servicing it no less than once per year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit stays in optimal condition, protecting against potential issues and extending its life span.
As for when to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the best time to get that done. This enables you to fix potential issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioner runs smoothly during the hot summer months.
However, if spring is already in the rearview mirror, and you weren't able to schedule AC service, don’t wait another year. When it comes to maximizing cooling abilities in your AC unit with preventive maintenance, it’s better to give your system a checkup whenever you can.
What Does AC Service Involve?
An AC tune-up is a comprehensive process involving several steps. This is why DIY servicing is not recommended. Here are some key aspects of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service call:
- Careful inspection: The technician looks over your AC unit for potential problems53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The mechanic uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other elements to make sure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to reduce friction and prevent wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to promote safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Changing the filter boosts air quality and helps the unit run more efficiently. HVAC professionals suggest doing this yourself every one or two months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your technician will run a test cycle to make sure the system starts, operates and shuts down correctly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many individuals ask themselves if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, regular air conditioner tune-ups promote better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit uses less electricity to keep your home cool, leading to lower utility expenses and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s simple to spot potential issues early when a technician carefully inspects your HVAC system every spring. A simple repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid pricey and inconvenient breakdowns down the road.
- Increased air quality: A clean AC system leads to better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car run longer, annual AC service extends the life of your air conditioning system, saving you on early replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Air conditioning maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should consider it an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility costs, sudden repairs or the cost of buying a new system.
To increase your savings, give some thought to enrolling in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll decrease the risk of breakdowns and improve energy efficiency for year-round savings. Choose from three different plans to meet your needs and price range. You’ll enjoy several benefits no matter which one you pick, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans come with yearly AC tune-ups, ensuring your system remains in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when scheduling appointments, even during high call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with discounts on new equipment with the Maintenance+ Plan
- Repair guarantee: For your satisfaction, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Clearly, regular AC maintenance is essential for enhancing performance and ensuring home comfort. Schedule your annual visit, preferably in the spring, to avoid breakdowns and savor numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts is clearly the top choice, with skilled Experts, comprehensive maintenance plans and a laser-sharp focus on customer satisfaction. Entrust air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your home cool and comfortable all year. To learn more or set up your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.