Summer is typically a hectic time of year for many families in Elkhart. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long vacation or any variety of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Elkhart heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t go to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Elkhart heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give BW/Cook Service Experts a call at 574-218-6404 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can ensure that your air conditioner is running at its best in the Elkhart heat.
- Stay in air conditioned places as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this difficult, but if you are able to take a quick break and escape to an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a few moments to rest as it may also be an early sign of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when organizing outdoor activities. Any kind of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Elkhart temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than usual. It can help you cool down a tad faster so you can get back to reveling in your home’s air conditioning.