Summer is typically a hectic time of year for many families in Elkhart. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long vacation or any number of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Elkhart heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t go to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Elkhart heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give BW/Cook Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is running at its best in the Elkhart heat.
- Stay in air conditioned places as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a short break and escape to an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a few moments to rest as it may also be an early sign of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when organizing outdoor activities. Any kind of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Elkhart temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than normal. It can help you cool down a tad faster so you can get back to reveling in your home’s air conditioning.