Air conditioners don’t work indefinitely, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Elkhart, you may be wondering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some aspects to think over, plus the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can probably hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? Many homeowners are swapping out their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This saves energy and maximizes comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the full comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the appropriate amount of air to keep your home comfy. A modern air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from BW/Cook Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and provide the right suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your budget if you install both systems simultaneously.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are properly sized, there aren’t typically any large imminent outcomes. A mismatched setup is often not permanent until the other system fails. You can skip the band-aid fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll get these advantages:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything operates at the greatest efficiency, making your family more comfortable and reducing your monthly heating and cooling expenses.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you replace your AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll pay for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced during the same appointment. And you could even be eligible for a special deal as you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with BW/Cook Service Experts. We realize the expense of replacing your total system might concern you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special offers or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and merely one low monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are covered!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 574-218-6404 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.