Air conditioners don’t work forever, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Elkhart, you could be wondering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some aspects to think over, in addition to the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can probably hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you buying? Many homeowners are replacing their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This saves energy and maximizes comfort by working at varying speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the full comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the appropriate amount of air to keep your home the right temperature. A modern air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from BW/Cook Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and provide the right advice.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your budget if you get new units together.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are properly sized, there aren’t often any large immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system fails. You can skip the band-aid fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll get these advantages:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything operates at the greatest efficiency, making your family more comfortable and reducing your monthly utility bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you get a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. In the interim, you’ll pay for repairs that could have paid for a modern furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both replaced during the same appointment. And you may even qualify for a discount since you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can rely on BW/Cook Service Experts. We realize the expense of replacing your total system can worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special offers or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and merely one low monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are taken care of!*
You can relax knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 574-218-6404 to request an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.