When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if your water appears clear, it may still be hiding toxic chemicals that are hazardous to your family’s health and safety. Plenty of people do not like the taste of contaminated tap water and understand the risk of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have clean drinking water on hand.
If you want to safeguard your family’s health, you might first opt for trying the bottled water plan. Unfortunately, this gets expensive fast. Additionally, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up contaminating the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and healthier for the environment than buying bottled water. It will also provide healthier water more conveniently because you can get it right from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, helping you to make the most of the benefits everywhere you use water at home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filter, find out what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate hazardous contaminants. Then, contact BW/Cook Service Experts to help you pick out and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality may differ by location, but some of the most common contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your water supply by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that regulated water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your tap water, furnishing you and your family with safe, sparkling water to drink. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and can accumulate in the water main following severe storms. While generally harmless, sediment makes your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. However, this disinfectant creates dangerous chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Certain DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are shown to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the objective of installing any water filtration equipment. Besides being safer for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more cloudy water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems add to your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that safe, clean water doesn’t have to include bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s structure, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to satisfy your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you have certainty your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At BW/Cook Service Experts, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to scale back water hardness, eliminate bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, straightforward and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Get in contact with your local BW/Cook Service Experts office for help choosing a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.