Your heating and cooling system is essential to home comfort and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your indoor air. A lot of homeowners take this functionality for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioning has ever broken down on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with emergency repairs, high energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if you could ensure a constant source of healthy, climate controlled air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like getting an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are a must for keeping your HVAC system in good shape. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should look into enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and a trusted HVAC contractor. Your membership takes the guessing out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other advantages. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to request tune-ups with BW/Cook Service Experts, but we highly recommend enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busy, so it’s easy to forget about requesting furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unfamiliar with why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, take a look at these benefits:
- Uncover small problems right away: Issues with your home comfort system tend to progress slowly. When a technician examines the internal components once a year, it’s possible to pinpoint and fix small problems before they turn into big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of equipment failures: By tightening that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the chance of an unexpected breakdown goes down.
- Lower repair costs: Scheduled HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected amount that eliminates the need for most major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that once-a-year maintenance can boost HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills at the same time.
- Increase home comfort: When your heating and cooling system functions the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for even temperatures and more comfortable humidity throughout the house.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer versus a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety inspection during every visit delivers peace of mind that your home comfort system is working as intended.
- Maintain your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance to such a degree that they require yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in upkeep now shields you from costly repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can often expect same-day service—even during nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your heating and cooling system? An HVAC agreement grants access to the quickest installs possible, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance reduces the need for repair work, but if your system needs some TLC, having an HVAC maintenance agreement grants a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Heating and cooling repairs are occasionally inevitable, but they can get expensive fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour visits.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the results leave you unhappy, the technician will return to correct things.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
BW/Cook Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan offers and get in touch with our staff to help you figure out the optimum plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before registering. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local BW/Cook Service Experts office today.