Summer has made its way to Elkhart and the last thing you need is your air conditioner failing during the extreme temperatures. Help stop your home’s air conditioner from breaking down with an annual A/C system tune-up from BW/Cook Service Experts.
What exactly is an air conditioning tune-up?
Just like you go to your MD annually for an evaluation, an air conditioner tune-up is a yearly visit to make sure your central AC is healthy and running properly. Most typical AC tune-ups will entail condenser coil cleaning, calibrating the thermostat, evaluating your refrigerant levels and checking for leaks, examining and tightening all electrical components, and evaluating the function of the blower motor and belt.
A/C system tune-ups with BW/Cook Service Experts
When you call BW/Cook Service Experts for your air conditioner tune-up, our tune-ups incorporate a full visual inspection and a comprehensive cleaning. Keeping reading for the full steps to our System Inspection and Precision AC tune-up.
- Fully calibrate thermostat
- Examine oil and/or air filters
- Inspect blower components
- Assess air flow
- Check all electrical connections
- Verify proper system performance
- Verify quality of installation
- Inspect area around AC
- Check system clearances
- Examine overall condition
- Inspect condenser and evaporator coils
- Test starting capabilities
- Test safety components
- Assess temperature variation in supply and return
- Monitor refrigerant pressure
- Check condensate drains
- Clean and/or replace standard home air filters
- Tighten the electrical connections
- Assess volts and amps
- Lubricate all moving components
- Clean condensate drain
- Apply protective coating
- In-place cleaning of blower components
- Observe cooling cycle
- Issue biocide treatment
- Clean condenser coil
BW/Cook Service Experts in Elkhart is currently getting you ready for summer with discounts on A/C system tune-ups and select home comfort system upgrades. To discover more or schedule your annual AC tune-up, call 574-218-6404 today!