Summer has made its way to Elkhart and the last thing you need is your AC going out during the extreme temperatures. Help stop your home’s air conditioner from breaking down with a seasonal A/C system tune-up from BW/Cook Service Experts.
What exactly is an air conditioning tune-up?
Just like you go to your MD every year for an evaluation, an air conditioner tune-up is an annual visit to make sure your central AC is healthy and in working order. Most common AC tune-ups will include condenser coil cleaning, calibrating the thermostat, evaluating your refrigerant levels and looking for leaks, examining and tightening all electrical components, and evaluating the performance of the blower motor and belt.
A/C system tune-ups with BW/Cook Service Experts
When you call BW/Cook Service Experts for your air conditioner tune-up, our tune-ups incorporate a full visual inspection and a full cleaning. Keeping reading for the full steps to our System Inspection and Precision AC tune-up.
- Full calibration of thermostat
- Examine oil and/or air filters
- Inspect blower components
- Assess air flow
- Check all electrical connections
- Verify proper system performance
- Verify quality of installation
- Examine area around AC
- Examine system clearances
- Examine overall condition
- Inspect condenser and evaporator coils
- Test starting capabilities
- Test safety controls
- Measure temperature variation in supply and return
- Observe refrigerant pressure
- Check condensate drains
- Clean and/or replace standard home air filters
- Tighten the electrical connections
- Assess volts and amps
- Lubricate all moving components
- Clean condensate drain
- Administer protective coating
- In-place cleaning of blower components
- Observe cooling cycle
- Issue biocide treatment
- Clean condenser coil
BW/Cook Service Experts in Elkhart is currently getting you ready for summer with discounts on A/C system tune-ups and qualifying home comfort system upgrades. To discover more or schedule your annual AC tune-up, call 574-218-6404 today!