What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by incomplete fuel combustion frequently caused by a lack of oxygen. In your home, appliances that use natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not operating properly or have been installed incorrectly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces could also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is dangerous to the body and is fatal at high levels or with long exposure.