Expert Oil Furnace Repair in Elkhart
Furnace refusing to start? Reset button keeps tripping? If your fuel oil furnace is leaving you frustrated and freezing in Elkhart, the Experts at BW/Cook Service Experts can help.
Sometimes, you can repair troubles with your oil-burning furnace alone. There are a few things you can take a look at before contacting us for heating repair.
Common Oil Heating System Problems
- Furnace won’t start. The thermostat setting may be too low. Check that it’s set to “auto” and “heat.”
- Reset button keeps tripping. This safety feature shuts down your furnace when it discovers an issue. Make sure there’s fuel in the oil tank, the valves are open and the chimney is free of blockages. Once you’ve checked those things, only press the reset button once. Pressing it too many times could cause fuel oil to accumulate and start a fire once the furnace begins heating.
- Inadequate heat. The oil or air filters could be clogged and need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Excess noise. If you hear clattering, tighten access panels. Squealing means there’s a problem with the belt or blower motor. If these components have oiling ports, put a few drops of electric motor oil on them after completely turning off your furnace.
Other times, you’ll need one of our specialist service technicians. Call BW/Cook Service Experts for oil furnace repair service when:
- Pressing the reset button doesn’t start the furnace, even when there’s fuel in the tank and valves are open
- You hear knocking sounds, which likely means there’s air in the fuel lines
- Oil lines are leaking
- Soot can be found in the burner chamber
- Burner works but does not fire
- Other troubleshooting suggestions don’t fix the problem
100% Satisfaction Guarantee* Backs Our Repairs
BW/Cook Service Experts can find the problem when your oil furnace won’t ignite.
Our technicians have gone through in-depth testing to earn the top HVAC standard, NATE certification. They are well-equipped to deal with most any heating repair. And all our work is backed by a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.*
Regular maintenance can help you avoid furnace repairs. Once we get your furnace operating, BW/Cook Service Experts technicians can suggest a membership plan that could decrease expensive repairs and make your furnace heat more efficiently. A more efficient furnace could help you save money on energy expenses.