If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak can include the following:
- The aroma of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances hooked up to the gas line, i.e. gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or discolored grass, plants or other vegetation
- People in the house complaining about symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you have any of these signs and are worried they may be caused by a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 right away, followed by your utility company.
In some cases, the utility company will take care of a gas leak, but in many scenarios the homeowner is on the hook. Luck for you, the experts at BW/Cook Service Experts are thoroughly trained to install or repair gas lines and we are dedicated to getting the job done right, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work comes with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER DO AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a number of things to get done around the house that homeowners decide to take on by themselves, gas line repair should to be left up to the specialists. It is the only way to make sure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Elkhart codes.
From installing gas lines for a new stove or oven to fixing gas lines for a heater in your garage, BW/Cook Service Experts’s years of experience have allowed us to handle a number of gas line projects in the Elkhart community, so no job is too tall of an order for our specialists.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As stated before, the first thing you need to do if you are worried about a gas leak is exit your home and then call 911 immediately. After emergency responders are on their way, call your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have made certain there is no danger, call BW/Cook Service Experts to schedule a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, ought to be taken very seriously. Make sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 immediately if you’re ever nervous about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide won’t have a scent and can’t be easily detected. The EPA recommends the following steps to decrease exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances properly adjusted.
- Install and take advantage of an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have an expert inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and fix any leaks right away.
For more pointers on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, check out our blog.