End Expensive Water Leaks in Your Elkhart Home
An ordinary home loses 2,000 to 20,000 gallons of water each year on account of leaks, according to the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Dripping faucets and leaky water heaters are simple to catch. But other leaks like toilet flapper valves or cracked water supply lines can go undetected for a long time.
A water leak can be pricely. You’re paying for extra water you don’t need, and leaks can be destructive to your home.
That’s why it’s critical to locate and fix minimal leaks.
BW/Cook Service Experts is here to help you do just that. We have the knowledge for qualified leak detection and water line repair in Elkhart.
6 Signs You Might Have a Plumbing Leak
Locating and taking care of leaks are the most common calls we take for plumbing services. Repairing a leak ASAP can help you avoid pricey water damage. Some leaks can be more difficult to spot than others, but there are several telltale signs that you need to get in touch with a plumber in Elkhart. Here are the top six:
- Your water bill is higher than normal.
- Your pipes often make thumping sounds.
- There are reddish stains in your sink, or your water looks rusty.
- Floors or walls feel wet or soft.
- You find water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- There’s wet soil or erosion by your home’s foundation.
How to Figure Out if You Have a Leak
If you believe you have a leak but can’t locate the signs, check your water meter:
- Ensure no water is being used inside or outside your home.
- Look at the leak indicator on your water meter. The indicator is typically a triangular dial or small silver wheel. If the dial is spinning, you probably have a leak.
We can identify the source of the leak and get it repaired before you spend more money or by chance damage your home.
Common Places for Water Leaks
With all the spots water is used in your home, there are a lot of areas you could find a leak.
Leaks can be caused by split seals around water connectors, rusty pipes, clogs and more.
They usually happen:
- On water supply lines and connections under the kitchen sink
- In washing machines, especially kinds that are getting old
- In hot- and cold-water hoses plugged into your washing machine
If you see evidence of a leak, we can get things back to normal. Plus, we back all of our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Call us at 574-218-6404 or schedule an appointment online.