Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Elkhart
You might not think about your sump pump until you need it. Then you count on it working correctly so your Elkhart basement doesn’t sustain water damage.
Sump pumps can cease working for several various reasons.
We’ve seen it all. If your pump isn’t working like it should, get in touch with the Experts at BW/Cook Service Experts to investigate the problem.
We’ll examine your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t stop when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease running for a few different reasons:
- Power loss
- Insufficient maintenance
- Undersized unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch trouble
- Frosted over or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average pump lasts 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few quick things you can do to verify your sump pump is prepared for efficiency.
- Make sure the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in anticipation of power surges.
- Ensure the pump is vertical and not leaning to one side, since this can trigger the pump to not run when required.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump turns on and pulls out the water rapidly.
- During drought-like forecasts, take out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Check the discharge pipe’s vent hole isn’t plugged.
Trust BW/Cook Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of security to protect your home from water damage, depend on the professionals at BW/Cook Service Experts to verify yours is doing its job.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 574-218-6404 or request an appointment online.