Your sump pump is one of those systems you may not consider until you need it—then you cross your fingers it’s working as it should. The good news is that the specialists at BW/Cook Service Experts are here to help whether you need new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Elkhart home.
Sump pumps can stop running for a number of different reasons and we’ve possibly witnessed it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting up, give BW/Cook Service Experts a call to schedule a visit and examine your issue.
During our visit, we can leave you with a few preventive maintenance tricks to help ensure your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or actually, quite the opposite) when you need it most. Our staff will examine your sump pump for appropriate operation and if we see any clue of a potential mishap, we’ll alert you immediately and discuss your options.
It is important to remember there are several easy things that you can do to ensure you have your sump pump set up for efficiency:
- Identify the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is vertical and not falling to one side because it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it has been a while since your sump pump has operated, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unclogged.
Because your sump pump is basically a type of insurance to protect your home and your belongings from what can be upsetting water damage, look to the experts at BW/Cook Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 574-218-6404
or request an appointment online.